- ½ cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 4 tbsp. trans fat-free soft margarine or unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups whole wheat bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. active dry yeast
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Place all ingredients in your food mixer and blend until smooth.
- Place dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to chill (this is just to make it easy to work with).
- Spread dough out evenly using a rolling pin or cover the dough in cling wrap and just press down with your hands.
- Form 18 – 20 balls of dough and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes (until golden brown).
This recipe was submitted by Joplin Family YMCA.