- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 whole cucumber, sliced in half lengthwise and sliced into smaller pieces
- ½ whole red onion, sliced thin
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup feta cheese or mozzarella, cubed sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, parsley and basil.
- In a small bowl, mix balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over the tomatoes.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste and toss until combined.
- Add feta or mozzarella and toss until combined. Refrigerate for a minimum of an hour or up to a day for best flavor.
This recipe was submitted by YMCA of Western North Carolina.