- 1 cup diced bell peppers (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup diced red onion (about 1 medium)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or 1 tsp.)
- 1 ½ tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. coriander
- ½ tsp. cayenne
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3-4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (28 oz.) can low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- Add all ingredients into a slow cooker. Turn on high and cook for four hours; turn down to low and continue to cook until ready to serve.
- If too thick, stir in another ½ - 1 cup of water.
Tip: Serve with diced avocado and plain Greek yogurt (sour cream substitute) for more health benefits and flavor!
This recipe was submitted by YMCA of Western North Carolina.