- 3 tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 oz. thinly sliced reduced-sodium deli turkey
- 8 tomato slices
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- Combine first six ingredients to make dressing and set aside. Line up four slices of bread, and layer two ounces sliced turkey, one tomato slice, and ¼ dressing.
- Top with second slice of bread to form four sandwiches.
- Brush both sides of each sandwich with canola oil.
- Heat a griddle to medium. Heat each side of the sandwich until bread is golden brown and toasted.
This recipe was submitted by Joplin Family YMCA.