- Cooking spray
- 2- 15oz cans tomato sauce (use 1 can no salt added to cut down on sodium)
- 2 tsp. caldo con sabor de pollo
- 1.5 -2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts (if you use breasts, cut into quarters)
- 1 pound small red-skinned potatoes, quartered (butternut squash is a nice alternative)
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 lb. fresh kale, well-rinsed
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped garlic
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Stir together tomato sauce and caldo con sabor de pollo in slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients except the black pepper and stir well enough to cover all ingredients with the tomato sauce mix.
- Cover; cook on low eight hours or high four hours until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and stir, then serve.
This recipe was submitted by Capital Area YMCA.