- 1 (24 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups water (or vegetable or beef broth)
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) box whole grain spaghetti
- 24 count frozen turkey meatballs
- Olive oil
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, pour in jarred spaghetti sauce.
- Add water (you can use the spaghetti jar & fill it up 1.5 times to get four cups). You will need enough water to cook the noodles; try using vegetable broth or beef broth for a kick of flavor.
- Break the spaghetti noodles in half and put in a large resealable bag.
- Coat the spaghetti noodles with a drizzle of olive oil. Close the bag and gently move the noodles around until they are all coated.
- Remove noodles from bag and put them on top of sauce mixture; gently push them down so they are slightly in the sauce.
- Top with frozen meatballs. No need to stir them in; just put them on top.
- Cover and cook on low for about 2 hours (until noodles are soft and meatballs are heated through).
- Give it all a gentle stir to combine and serve.
- Add in veggies (carrots, peas, corn, etc.) for more nutrition.
This recipe was submitted by YMCA of Central Massachusetts.