- 4 lbs. of apples (Fuji, McIntosh, Pink Ladies, etc.)
- ½ cup water (You may not need the water if your apples are super crisp!)
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Cutting board
- Slow cooker
- Blender or masher
- Core and roughly chop apples—no need to peel.
- Put chopped apples and water into your slow cooker, then cover and set on low for six hours.
- Scoop apples into the blender (or use an immersion blender) to puree the applesauce. Be careful not to over-blend because it can become too smooth very quickly!
- Store in the fridge for a week or in the freezer for up to six months. Makes about 12 half cup servings.
Tips and Tricks
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg for a little bit of a spice.
- Use it as frosting for a cake!
- Substitute applesauce for oil when baking for a healthier option.
This recipe was submitted by YMCA of Western North Carolina.