- 2 pounds of potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, lime juice or vinegar
- 2 tsps. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 3-4 scallions
- Optional mix-ins: chopped pickles, paprika, fresh dill
- Cut the potatoes into halves or quarters if they are large. Put them in a large pot with a lid and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then turn the heat down to medium and set the lid askew so that steam can escape.
- After 25 minutes of boiling, check to see if the potatoes are soft by stabbing with a fork. Continue boiling for another five minutes if still tough.
- Drain the potatoes, then chop into bite-size pieces once they have cooled enough to handle.
- While the potatoes are cooling, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk briskly until the liquid is blended.
- Throw the potatoes into the bowl and toss them in the dressing to coat. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Chop scallions and sprinkle over top. Toss again and taste; adjust citrus juice or vinegar.
Makes 4-6 servings
This recipe was submitted by YMCA of Western North Carolina.