Counseling and Social Services Branch
Raritan Bay Area YMCA
Silver Spring Branch YMCA
As a Family Case Manager, you will receive and assess client referrals. Work under the general supervision of a program supervisor, independently arrange the sequence of work, obtain necessary information and data, select appropriate methods and procedures, and varies these as necessary to address different case situations. Provides general client services and case management in a Montgomery County Public School. Overall, FamilyCase Managers work as part of a team to access resources, plan, and advocate to improve the quality of people’s lives.
· Bachelor’s degree in human services. Comparable experience may be considered as equivalent for satisfying educational requirement(s).
· 1-3 years experience
· Experience in working with diverse populations; and skilled at collaborating with multiple agencies
· Assists clients to assess their situation, define their problems, and identify acceptable courses of action by availing themselves of recommended community services.
· Completes initial intakes/assessments
· Consults with county/community/agencies to identify and develop resources for client assistance
· Analyze the subjects or issues involved in each assignment or case to develop family service plans for client’s family
· Determine intervention strategy and appropriate actions utilizing client’s individual needs
· Connect clients to outside service providers and resources
· Provides case management and monitoring services to clients
· Makes follow-through contacts with clients and other agencies to ensure that needed services have been provided
· Prepares and updates case records/client status reports
· Oversee, manage, and train volunteers and interns to support client services and site-specific programming.
· Outreach and network with youth, families, communities, schools, and other community agencies
· Provides on-going social services (appropriate assistance during crises , may provide supportive counseling, food, clothing, housing, employment, transportation, financial assistance)
· Assists families with applications for health insurance
· Offers information and referrals for community members, school staff, non-school families, etc.
· Serves as intermediary between clients and other agencies, and supports and advocates for their clients with public and private agencies and individual service providers.
· Assists with team/seasonal events –camp registration, holiday giving program, etc.