Piedmont Family YMCA Inc.
YMCA of Greater Louisville
BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE! Come join a great organization whose impact is expanding! We are currently hiring two Membership Directors- one at our main facility at 276 Church Street and one at our new location at 135 Wells Ave.
Ensures successful operation of the Membership Department including staff supervision and development, superior customer service, community relations, collaborations, budgeting and financial results. Implements new procedures and methods to achieve strategic membership goals for the Association. Leads recruitment efforts of new members, retention of existing members and supervision of assigned staff. Assists in the development of plans and implementation of new procedures and methods to achieve strategic goals. With the anticipated membership system conversion, this position will have a lead role in ensuring conversion timelines are kept, metrics are met, providing feedback to ensure user satisfaction. We are currently seeking two Membership Directors, one to be working at the main location at 276 Church Street, one to be working at our new facility location at 135 Wells Ave.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
MEMBER SERVICE STATEMENT:
Members are the heart of this organization. They are the reason we exist. Members are the most important visitors we have, whether they visit by mail, phone, or in person. They are not statistics and always deserve our respect. No matter what we are hired to do, satisfying members’ needs and wants are everyone’s first and most important responsibility.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Three to five years of supervisory experience of a team in customer service preferred.
3. Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software. Experience with a system conversion preferred.
4. Well-developed communication skills are essential, including verbal and written communication skills.
5. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments
of the community.
6. Proactive when tackling challenging situations, addressing them quickly and professionally to deliver great results for both members and the Welcome Center team.
7. Dynamic personality with a skill set that is able to educate and motivate the Welcome Center Staff to be passionate about their job and the WSYMCA.
8. Y USA Team Leader Certificate preferred.
1. Implements membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
2. Monitors monthly financial reports to assure that revenue targets are met, and expenses are controlled.
3. Assists Sen. Director, Association Member Engagement & Wellness to develop and control the department budget related to the position, achieving monthly sales goals.
4. Ensures operational membership growth of the YMCA through member recruitment and retention, pricing strategies and collaborations.
5. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and supervises Welcome Center personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Models’ relationship-building skills and listen first skills in all interactions.
6. Oversee monthly staff trainings, ensuring consistent safety/emergency response training is reviewed, understood and performed. Maintain complete familiarity of all risk management procedures and policies for the organization.
7. Lead role in membership system conversion. Identify risks and barriers to the project’s success and develop solutions to remove those barriers. Elevate issues to appropriate levels of attention and drive to definitive decisions resulting in a clear path forward.
8. Leads training of the new membership system to ensure a positive culture of commitment to the conversion objectives.
9. Ensures all accidents and incidents are reported involving self, participants, guests and other employees. Maintains a safe work environment, free of clutter, debris and hazardous conditions and ensures cleanliness of facility.
10. Assists Sen. Dir. in maintaining current corporate memberships, as well as consistently helping to recruit more corporate memberships in the service area.
11. Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration.
12. Has a daily presence in the Welcome Center, interacting with members, inquiring how their workout was, building relationships. Models and teaches cause-driven leadership characteristics for the Welcome Center staff to possess the level of customer service that is critical to the success of the WSYMCA.
13. Ensures proper implementation of Welcome Center procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff. Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions.
14. Organizes membership events at the YMCA (Member Appreciation, Open Houses, etc.) and ensures coordination of registration, staffing, and promotional items for community festivals/events and represents the YMCA at these events.
15. Timely running of membership reports, including reciprocity reports, to ensure that trends are being noted and our numbers are accurately documented.
16. Motivates and energizes the Membership Staff to be Cause-driven Leaders. Leads by example. Organizes trainings including but not limited to sales, customer service, Listen First and Cause-Driven Leader, problem-solving
17. Responsible for monitoring and responding to Member Comments and Suggestions.
18. Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committees/
boards as assigned. Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the community.
19. Must be flexible and adaptable. Weekly schedule may include one weekend day and some evening or early morning hours.
20. Responsible for approving department timecards and submitting payroll through ADP on time on a biweekly basis.
CPR and First Aid Certification
Required online trainings prior to starting.