- 4 cups leftover cooked, cold white rice
- 2 cups cooked, cooled shrimps (or thawed from frozen)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup green peas (fresh or thawed from frozen)
- 1/2 cup diced carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 1 or 2 bunches green onions (white and green parts separated and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Up to 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- (optional) pinch of sugar
- Heat a skillet to high.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt. Add a half tablespoon of oil to the hot pan and immediately add the eggs. Cook for 30 seconds or less until just undercooked. Set the eggs aside in a bowl.
- Add another half tablespoon of oil to the pan followed by the white part of the onions, peas, and carrots. Cook for 2 minutes then add the shrimp for another minute to warm through. Remove everything from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Wipe the pan out and return to high heat with the other tablespoon of oil. Gently break up the cold rice with your fingers and add it to the hot pan. Flip or gently stir for 30 seconds. Let sit for 30 seconds and stir again.
- Meanwhile, chop the egg from earlier.
- When the rice is hot, add the shrimp and cooked veggies along with the soy sauce (and optional pinch of sugar) and stir gently.
- Finally, add the green parts of the onions and chopped eggs. Mix delicately.
Serve in bowls.
General note: take care to have each step ready before you add the oil. The pan should be quite hot and you never want the oil to be smoking/burning because it's unhealthy and tastes bad.