- ½ ripe banana
- 2/3 cup milk or milk alternative (low-fat (1%) or nonfat milk for children 2 or older)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup of whole oats
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: fresh berries, walnuts, pecans, or almond pieces, peanut butter, chia seeds, flaxseed
- In a large bowl, mash banana well with a fork.
- Add in all other ingredients, except for optional toppings, and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Add optional toppings in the morning.
This recipe was submitted by YMCA of Western North Carolina.