Austin Metropolitan YMCA
YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne
Suffolk Family YMCA
Under the direction of the CEO, the Physical Program Director will manage all aspects of adult & youth physical programs of the Bloomsburg Area YMCA in accordance with the mission, goals and policies of the association.
The Physical Program Director must understand and be committed to the YMCA mission and its program operating principles. The director should understand the basic concepts and working of a volunteer-led organization, in particular, the nature of the YMCA as a partnership between volunteers and staff.
The position requires a BS/BA degree in Health/Physical Education or Recreation or its equivalent in academic preparation. The director must possess good communication skills, have a strong background in youth/adult sports development, have the ability to plan and market new program thrusts, possess good organizational skills, must be able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds, oversee youth sports expansion and adult fitness programs/assessments, be able to hire, train and supervise staff and volunteers working in respective program areas, have the knowledge to write and administer exercise and health education programs for youth through adults.
· Develops agenda and participates in program committee meetings
· Budgets for physical, youth departments
· Hires, trains, schedules, and supervises staff and volunteers in program areas such as: group fitness, personal training, youth and adult programs, etc.
· Conducts evaluations of staff and makes recommendations, within policy guidelines, to CEO in pay rates when warranted
· Maintains attendance records and provides evaluations of each program twice a year
· Develops programs and administers all aspects of youth wellness programs, including promotion strategy
· Organize, promote and deliver youth programs and adult sport leagues
· Schedule and provide supervision policies/procedures for all physical facilities
· Conduct staff meetings and in-services quarterly and attend designated meetings. Provide a written report on all programming to the YMCA Program Committee.
· Assist the CEO in developing annual operating budgets and operates assigned programs within the budget
· Revise program information and schedules for program brochures as needed
· Continual advertising/marketing of programs and works with the Marketing Director to promote special events/activities
· Maintain a good working relationship with community organizations, United Way agencies and school districts promoting YMCA programs within the community
· Develop new programs within budgetary guidelines and as schedule allows. Participate in Bloomsburg Area YMCA special events.
· Assist Property Manager and Custodians with the cleanliness and safe efficient operating order of all YMCA facilities and equipment. Continually review facility, equipment and supplies to assure good condition
· Participates in member service functions including tours, selling memberships and membership retention
· Assure that all programs comply with the YMCA mission statement
· Assumes role of building supervisor in the absence of the CEO
· Other duties assigned by the CEO
· Oversee, supervise & coordinate youth & teen programs
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.