Sherman Lake YMCA Outdoor Center
Indian Valley Family YMCA
YMCA of Central Stark County
Oversees and directs the development, maintenance, repair and improvement operations of YMCA facilities and vehicles, and related budgets. Responsible for management of full-time and part-time facilities staff servicing the oversight, maintenance, and operations of three locations, WSY facility (Newton), Camp Chickami (Wayland) and Camp Frank A. Day (East Brookfield).
1. Bachelor's degree in facility management or a related field preferred.
2. Eight or more years’ experience in facility management or closely related field.
3. Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, and other maintenance-related areas.
4. Skills in supervision, budget management, project management and negotiating contracts.
5. CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required within 30 days of employment.
6. Certified Pool Operator (CPO) and boiler certifications required within 120 days of employment.
7. Ability and current license to drive with record that meets YMCA standards.
8. Working knowledge of a Windows environment, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
9. Communicates effectively and professionally with all departments, staff and outside vendors.
10. Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
11. Effective interpersonal skills, with a customer service focus.
12. Ability to work independently as well as within teams.
13. Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
14. Extremely reliable, dependable, and punctual.
15. Excellent decision-making skills, time management skills, ability to take initiative, and be flexible.
16. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
1. Provides overall coordination of facility maintenance, including planning and developing
preventative maintenance plan.
2. Ensures the proper operation of all mechanical systems and equipment.
3. Completes repair work and projects in a timely manner. Oversees all contractors that work in the facility and grounds. Responsible for requesting, reviewing bids and recommending selection of contractors. Intentionally seeks out local and minority owned businesses in this process.
4. Responsible for negotiation of contracts between the WSY and vendors. Works to seek out diverse suppliers/vendors as part of the quotes we seek.
5. Works with outside agencies such as fire, health, building depts., etc. to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations related to facilities and grounds, including OSHA, ADA and DHHS compliance.
6. Develops budgets supporting the preventative and annual maintenance plans and monitors expenditures against budget.
7. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules, and directs assigned staff and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. demonstrate relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
8. Ensure building maintenance & housekeeping is maintained at high level, leading and supporting as needed.
9. Advises management on maintenance issues and projects as requested.
10. Ensures that assigned vehicles (and other equipment) are maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and procedures of the YMCA and all Massachusetts’ laws.
11. Updates facility plans periodically. With the management team, create annual plan of capital projects, consistent with the YMCA’s strategic plan and community needs.
12. Responsible for working collaboratively with program and membership staff to ensure a high level of membership satisfaction.
13. Responsible for maintaining a safe facility for members and staff( i.e., sidewalks and parking lot cleared of snow and ice, snow, floors free of debris and restrooms and locker rooms thoroughly cleaned).
14. Provide cooperative scheduling of maintenance with all departments for normal requests and special events.
15. Assist in Y activities and special events as directed by Supervisor.
16. Learn and actively utilize all Y computer systems (HVAC, CCC, SGA, ADP, etc.) on a consistent basis.
17. Compile statistical information and make recommendations for the WSYMCA building, Camp Chickami and CFAD.
18.Execute all necessary steps to prepare camps for opening and closing annually, including permitting.
19. Daily inspection of the full facility (Newton) and the grounds to ensure; cleaning standards are met, grounds are free of debris and trash, illegal parking is not taking place, and residents are compliant with all policies and procedures.
20. Conducts monthly staff training for Maintenance Staff and ensures consistent safety and emergency response training is performed.