Sherman Lake YMCA Outdoor Center
Indian Valley Family YMCA
YMCA of Central Stark County
We provide job training! Free membership! 50% off programming! Advancement opportunities! Paid Time Off!
This position is responsible for the overall cleanliness and maintenance as well as all administrative and operational duties of the membership and residence facility (Portland ONLY).
Incredible Employee Benefits:
Salary Range:$50,000.00 To 55,000.00 Annually
• High School Diploma.
• 6-8 years of experience in facilities maintenance management.
• Experience in training others on the use of cleaning equipment and cleaning methods.
• Working knowledge of floor care and carpet care, boiler, basic plumbing, electrical, mechanical and basic carpentry.
• Certified Pool Operator (CPO) Certification (within 6 months of hire).
• 2-4 years of supervisory experience.
• Working knowledge of a Windows environment, including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Proven Ability to effectively communicate in person and on the phone with all levels of employees and members
• Effective interpersonal skills, with a customer service focus.
• Ability to work independently as well as within teams.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Extremely reliable, dependable, and punctual
• Excellent decision making skills, ability to take initiative, and be flexible.
• Possess valid driver’s license and the ability to travel locally.
1. Accountable for overall cleanliness, maintenance, and construction of membership and residence facilities including: parking lots, roof tops, residential rooms (Portland only), all public areas, mechanical rooms, boiler rooms, pool filter rooms, etc.
2. Develop and control the maintenance, housekeeping and capital project improvement budget.
3. Create and maintain a preventative maintenance plan.
4. Daily inspection of the full facility and the grounds to ensure; cleaning standards are met, grounds are free of debris and trash, illegal parking is not taking place, and residents are compliant with all policies and procedures.
5. Take appropriate action to correct problems and issues in a timely manner.
6. Acknowledge and respond to member comments within 24 hours.
7. Maintain inventory of all cleaning and maintenance supplies.
8. Complies with all safety methods, utilizing procedures for chemical and workplace safety.
9. Responsible for maintaining a safe facility for members and staff( i.e., sidewalks and parking lot cleared, floors free of debris and restrooms properly cleaned)
10. Fiscal and budget responsibility – adhere to company policy regarding fiscal compliance.
11. Responsible for working collaboratively with program and membership staff to ensure a high level of membership satisfaction.
12. Provide cooperative scheduling of maintenance with all departments for normal requests and special events.
13. Assist in Y Activities and special events as directed by Supervisor.
14. Provide supervision to staff and volunteers including interviewing, hiring, terminating and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, conducting performance appraisals, coaching and holding staff accountable, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
15. Maintain a schedule with full shift coverage and fill in as needed.
16. Ensure laundry standards are being met.
17. Responsible for all set up and tear down of meetings, conferences and special events.
18. Ensure OSHA, ADA, and DHHS compliance.
19. Supervise all contractors and sub-contractors, securing bids and ensuring all work is completed to YMCA specifications and timeframes.
20. Adheres to all Y Brand guidelines and receives prior approval for use and creation of any Y related social media from the Advancement department.
21. Work with branch leadership to raise money for the Y’s programs and financial assistance through the Y’s annual campaign (the Y’s annual fundraising campaign) by identifying prospects and making personal asks.
22. Learn and actively utilize ADP Employee Portal on a consistent basis.
23. Other duties as required.