We are looking for compassionate individuals who want to impact youth, be adventurous, and embrace the spirit of camp.
Our camp counselors are assigned and lead a different group of children (between ages 4-16) each week and follow a pre-planned weekly schedule. We have many activities at Camp Y-Koda including, but not limited to: Archery, BB Guns, Sling Shots, a High Ropes Course, lake with kayaks & canoes, a small swimming pool, arts & crafts center, gaga ball and so much more. Our 80-acre property is a branch of the Sheboygan County YMCA. Our summer program is 95% outdoors rain, shine or snow! For more specific information please read below.
Typical Work Schedule
- Mondays - Fridays with hour primarily between 8:00am - 4:30pm.
- June 10 - August 30, 2024 (12 weeks total)
- Paid Training begins after Memorial Day (Monday-Fridays)
- We have ONLY one weekly Thursday sleepover which runs into Friday (the only time we bring out the s'mores!)
- We offer a service to families for “Extended Care” which means some staff could be assigned to additional duties outside of our primary hours. These extra assigned duties start at 7:00am and may end as late as 5:30pm.
- All Certifications are offered as part of training and we will pay you to take these for your role with us!
Experience, Education and Qualifications
- Due to being a licensed day camp with Wisconsin, all counselors must be age 18 before working with a group of participants. Minimum of 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or able to provide transcripts.
- Have a current CPR, First Aid or AED Certification? Awesome! If you do not, no worries as we will get you certified for your role.
- Interested in leading water-based camps? We will get you lifeguard certified for your role!! (More opportunities within the summer with this certification with us).
- Excellent verbal and communication skills!
- A passion for working outdoors and working with children.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions such as rain or 70-90 degree weather.
- Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in camp activities which include, but not limited to: row boating, lawn games, building campfires, swimming, team building exercises, physical games and activities.
- Willing to get a background check with the state.
**Since we are a Day Camp only, we do not offer room, board or transportation to/from work each day.
To get a potential interview with us, the YMCA requires all interested applicants to complete the YMCA Employment application online.