Coney Island YMCA
Dowd Branch YMCA
Under the direction of the Director of Health and Wellness, the full-time Personal Trainer contributes to the successful operation of the West Suburban YMCA’s Health and Wellness programs by fulfilling the need for personal training sessions. This position will work to build relationships with members while embracing the YMCA culture and spirit, focusing on building relationship skills and superb customer service.
1. Fulfills a full-time schedule of personal training sessions to meet the needs of the department in a safe, supportive and welcoming environment.
2. Constantly working to build relationships among members, and also helping members and/or program participants connect with one another and connect with the YMCA.
3. Evaluate member’s fitness level and skill set to plan reachable goals.
4. Design and schedule fitness programs using organizations systems and tools.
5. Leads members though planned exercise routines and track member progress and adjust personal plans as goals are reached.
6. Communicates clearly and effectively with clients and coworkers.
7. Active support of our DEIB statement and putting into practice our commitment to equity, diversity, belonging and inclusion. Continue to research, create, recommend and implement strategies to support diversity goals of the organization.
8. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
9. Build diverse and adaptable curriculum for personal training sessions to provide safe, consistent and quality sessions.
10. Ensures high quality member-focused programs through innovative program development and evaluations.
11. Aids in the support of medically based wellness programming such as Livestrong at the YMCA. If interested, work in earning LiveStrong certification to help administer LiveStrong at the WSY.
12. Participate in special events and activities to enhance the member experience and volunteer opportunities.
13. Ensure standards are met regarding implementation and oversight for program evaluation. This will guarantee faithfulness to the Y’s cause and a high-quality commitment to YMCA standards and successful financial outcomes.
14.In direct member service 38 hours per week (i.e. 38 hours personal training/fit connect sessions, monitoring the fitness floor, up to 2 hours of administration- scheduling clients, program development and member communication).
15. Motivated to help us grow our personal training and small group training program.
16. Help to promote the marketing and distribution of program information.
17. Support the department in conducting inventory and operating supplies for the department.
18. Gather program statistics as requested. Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in program. Submit program enrollment data when requested.
19. If interested, work in earning LiveStrong certification to help administer LiveStrong at the WSY.
20. This is a seven-day/week department and will require a flexible schedule to maintain consistency and delivery of programs and services. Afternoons and evening schedule preferred.
21. Perform all other duties as assigned.
A nationally recognized Personal Training Certification. CPR/First Aid within 30 days of employment.