YMCA Children's Services
Interested in coaching an award-winning team? Join the Dynamites today! FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE!
The Gymnastics Coach is responsible for instructing participants, overseeing safety and understanding the importance of progression, safety and the individual needs to each participant.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with practical understanding and comprehensive knowledge of gymnastics competitions, teaching techniques, and evaluation participant performance.
- Must be able to instruct, coach and spot gymnasts, including upper-level gymnasts.
- Ability to interact with kids at their cognitive level.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends.
- Coaches and instructs students, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, and proper use of equipment
- Observes students during practice and competition to help determine the needs for the individual or team improvement.
- Establishes and maintains professionalism while supervising students and coaches during practice and meets.
- Participates in daily warm-ups.
- Teach skills in progression and based on each participant’s skill level.
- Practical application of basic spotting techniques.
- Enforces the utmost safety procedures at all times.
- Practices time management skills and communicates with instructors to promote the organizational flow of classes.
- Communicates, listens and responds in a professional manner with participants and their parents.
- Ability to work in a cooperative manner with other staff.
- Builds and maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants, volunteers, other staff, and the communities we serve.
- Perform other duties as assigned.