Full-time Maintenance Technician position at the Greater Providence YMCA with benefits.
Responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of the building, grounds and equipment.
These full-time, 40 hours per week positions are available at all of our branches.
Perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability requires. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate the Character Development values of caring respect, responsibility, and honesty.
- Work in harmony and cooperation with the staff, volunteers and members of the YMCA.
- Must be familiar with fire code regulations
- Need to learn and utilizes software to prioritize projects
- Ability to competently use and access computer systems for time management, email, project tracking and related task
- Ability to travel to various GPYMCA locations to perform work assignments as needed.
Education and/or Experience High School (GED) Preferred.
- Ability to anticipate, identify and address members needs to ensure safety and enjoyment.
- To accurately complete all required paperwork.
- To professionally handle and or get help to resolve conflict.
- Ability to follow instructions as given and/or directed by supervisor.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or two-step instructions.
High School (GED) Preferred.