This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Develops, organizes and implements high quality YMCA program(s). This position will also assist in the proper planning, execution, and evaluation of the day-to-day programmatic and logistical operations of the summer camp programs for YMCA Camp Lakewood under the guidance of the Summer Camp Program Director and Director of Camp Lakewood. This position works on continuously improving all areas of camp, inspires people to work towards the mission, anticipates and avoids problems, follows and enforces camp policies, is a model of enthusiasm, monitors and supports counselors, and is able to adapt and jump into any role needed.
Full Compensation Package (when applicable):
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Retirement fund of 12% per pay period after completing 1,000 hours of service during any two 12-month period.
- 20% Discount on tuition at Missouri Baptist University
- 20% Discount on Tuition at Fontbonne University
- Free individual membership to YMCA nationwide
- Discounts on YMCA programs
- Discounts on YMCA Childcare
- Missouri Class E Driver's License (or equivalent) is preferred.
- 21 years of age preferred.
- Minimum 1 year as camp staff.
- Completion of or willing to obtain YMCA program-specific certifications.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Ensures the quality and performance of activities and counselors.
- Responsible for all programs being facilitated.
- Responsible to implement new and exciting programs to keep everyday of camp fresh and fun.
- Scheduling of staff for clinic areas and assist in all other scheduling areas, specifically paid Smorgasbords and Electives.
- Assist in evaluations.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Trains, develops, schedules and directs staff and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
- Ensures proper maintenance and upkeep of Camp Lakewood grounds and facilities.
- Schedules various activities for the cabins and units.
- Coordinates various all-camp activities and programs.
- Supervise the cabins, clinic areas, and area directors to ensure that the proper camp program is taking place.
- Implements and ensures a high level of standards and safety in all programs.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Assist in staff training and ensure campers are learning and completing projects effectively.
- Coordinate the meal host/hostess for the dining hall and summer cabin placement.
- Establish and implement methods of staff motivation, training, and leadership during the summer season.
- Proper completion of documentation where required.
- Oversee all other Support Staff roles.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V,
The Gateway Region YMCA strictly follows a zero tolerance policy regarding child abuse.