Foundation YMCA of Wilson
Eugene Family YMCA
Eugene Family YMCA
Interacts in a friendly, professional and courteous way that results in excellent service for members, guests, volunteers, and fellow employees. Responsible for the general work relating to member retention and recruitment. Responsible for planning, implementing, and managing outreach, appreciation and special events for the organization. This position is for our Wells Ave location and includes a schedule of Sunday through Thursday, with a typical schedule of opening hours (5:00 am- 1:30 pm) included for Monday- Thursday.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Previous supervisory experience in customer service preferred.
3. Excellent computer skills and experience with standard business software. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
4. Committing to support and further our anti-racist work as an organization. Actively works to continue to recruit and hire diverse staff and volunteers.
5. Ability to relate effectively and compassionately to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
6. Strong project management skills; ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines in a cross-functional, team-based environment.
7. Outstanding communicator with a talent for building strong relationships between members and the organization.
8. Professional, approachable, consistent and reliable.
9. Ability to generate and implement creative ideas.
10. Ability to identify and anticipate problems and drive them to resolution.
11. Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
12. CPR and First Aid Training completed within the first 30 days.
1. Assists in the implementation of membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
2. Ensures excellent customer service and remains professional at all times when dealing with members’ confidential information.
3. Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members.
4. Communicates clearly with our members through personal interactions, phone calls, and mailings. This includes the collection of insufficient funds.
5. Assists in ensuring proper implementation of welcome center procedures and communicating changes to staff.
6. Active support of our DEIB statement and putting into practice our commitment to equity, diversity, belonging and inclusion. Continue to research, create, recommend and implement strategies to support diversity goals of the organization.
7. Maintains a minimum of 30-35 hours/week of coverage at the welcome center and assists with scheduling and providing coverage as needed. Additional 10 hours may include other admin responsibilities.
8. Assists in the implementation of creating the new member experience.
9. Assists in organizing membership events at the YMCA (Member Appreciation, Open Houses, etc.) and coordinates registration, staffing, and promotional items for community festivals/events and represents the YMCA at these events.
10. Daily tasks typically include handling questions, program registrations, information requests helping to process membership applications, renewals, and terminations, maintaining and updating membership records and assisting with member communication activities.
11. Educates members and new employees regarding how the YMCA is a non-profit, charitable organization and integrates that information on every tour given.
12. Assists in the onboarding of new membership staff.
13. Ensure that data regarding members is accurate and up to date, utilizing SGA Pulse.
14. Responsible for collecting and recording Member Comments and Suggestions. Develops system to ensure prompt response by appropriate team member is given within 24 hours.
15. Models and teaches cause-driven leadership characteristics, including Listen First, for the Welcome Center to possess the level of customer service that is critical to the success of the WSYMCA.
16. Participates in fundraising campaign.
17. Participates in staff meetings and/or related meetings.
18. Executes other duties and responsibilities as required by supervisor.
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.