Are you a Registered Nurse that is passionate about positively impacting children?
As the Health Care Specialist, you will supervise the healthcare program and health center operations. Help maintain a safe, healthy camp environment using preventative health care and risk management techniques assist in running healthcare program and health center operations.
In addition, you will review health histories, dispense personal medication, and provide first aid and medical care to all campers and staff in accordance with camp medical protocols.
- Possess a devotion to ensuring the safety and growth of campers, and help train staff in preventative health and risk management.
- Review health histories, dispense personal medication, and provide first aid and medical care to all campers and staff in accordance with camp medical protocols.
- Maintain all records accurately and appropriately: records of treatment, medication, phone calls; complete incident reports, as well as any required additional reports.
- Maintain a clean, professional, and organized Health Center and camper patient room; sharing the responsibility of 24 hour health hut Coverage with other Health Care Staff.
- Establish contact with our overseeing doctor and maintain open communication.
- Coordinate and supervise Health Center check in/out: medication intake and health screening.
- Review and maintain all medications and health forms at check in and thereafter.
- Establish and maintain clear phone, and in person, communication with parents regarding campers’ health.
- Communicate health, allergy, or behavioral concerns to Camp Director, unit leaders and Staff as appropriate.
- Maintain HIPAA compliance.
*This is a Residential position that includes room and board.*
Wage: $400 to $660 per week, depending on qualifications
Dates of Employment: June 11th - August 23rd
Location: YMCA Camp Seymour, Gig Harbor, WA
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause, and Join our Team! To apply visit our website at www.ymcapkc.org.
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties is committed to diversity and inclusion throughout our organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Women/Minority/Veteran/Disabled
- A commitment to valuing and promoting diversity, equity, and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Current RN License or greater.
- Practical knowledge of the organization and distribution of medications, pediatric care.
- Outstanding ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to train, motivate, and support staff; communicate openly with supervisor; support and connect with campers; perform duties as specified in job description and by supervisor; behave as an appropriate positive role model in all camp activities.
- Sensitivity to the needs of families including adults and children.
- Current CPR, epinephrine administration certification, and AED for duration of the season required.
- Able and willing to complete online Child Abuse Prevention training on first day, and other online and in-person training as required.