Would you like to change lives by providing an amazing experience for every camper?
At Camp Seymour, you get to teach kids self-reliance, a love for nature and the outdoors, and the development of attitudes and practices that build character and leadership – all amidst the fun of campfires, canoeing, archery, talent shows, and meaningful relationships.
As a Health Care Staff, you will assist the RN in running the healthcare program and health center operations at YMCA Camp Seymour. You will help maintain a safe, healthy camp environment using preventative health care and risk management techniques. Review health histories, dispense personal medication, and provide first aid and medical care to all campers and staff in accordance with camp medical protocols.
- Possess a devotion to ensuring the safety and growth of campers, and help train staff in preventative health and risk management.
- Review health histories with the Health Care Specialist, dispense personal medication, and provide first aid and medical care to all campers and staff in accordance with camp medical protocols.
- Maintain a clean, professional, and organized Health Center and camper patient room; sharing the responsibility of 24 hour health hut Coverage with other Health Care Staff.
- Coordinate Health Center check in/out: medication intake and health screening.
- Maintain all medications and health forms at check in and thereafter.
- Establish and maintain clear phone, and in person, communication with parents regarding campers’ health.
- Communicate health, allergy, or behavioral concerns to Camp Director, unit leaders and Staff as appropriate.
- Dispense, or supervise the dispensing of, medications as prescribed or as necessary with instruction from the Health Care Specialist.
- Maintain HIPAA compliant.
- Maintain all records accurately and appropriately: records of treatment, medication, phone calls; complete incident reports, as well as any required additional reports.
*This is a Residential position that includes room and board*
Starting Wage: $400 to $660 per week, depending on experience
Date of Employment: June 11th - August 23rd
Location: YMCA Camp Seymour, Gig Harbor, WA
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause, and Join our Team! To apply visit our website at www.ymcapkc.org.
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties is committed to diversity and inclusion throughout our organization and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Women/Minority/Veteran/Disabled
- A commitment to valuing and promoting diversity, equity, and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Current LPN, EMT, WEMT, WFR, or WFA.
- Practical knowledge of the organization and distribution of medications, pediatric care.
- Outstanding ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Integrity, patience, adaptability, sense of humor, enthusiasm, and a commitment to serve youth.
- Ability to train, motivate, and support staff; communicate openly with supervisor; support and connect with campers; perform duties as specified in job description and by supervisor; behave as an appropriate positive role model in all camp activities.
- Sensitivity to the needs of families including adults and children.
- Current CPR, AED, and epinephrine administration certification for duration of the season required.
- Able and willing to complete online Child Abuse Prevention training on first day, and other online and in-person training as required.