The Kirk Family YMCA is seeking a cause driven leader to lead sports and programming for kids 6 weeks to teens.
Under the supervision of the Branch Executive, the Youth and Family Director oversees the administration and operations of the following program areas; youth sports, adult sports, Stay & Play (Drop in Childcare), Kid’s Night Out, teen activities, and special events all while ensuring a positive, safe, enriching environment, in accordance to the YMCA core values and mission.
- Oversee the administration and operation of programs serving children of all ages, youth, teens, and families at branch and off-site, to include developing and implementing policy and procedures, planning, promoting, implementing, hiring and training staff, risk management, evaluation, and budgeting.
- Oversee the administration and operations of YMCA youth sports programming, to include planning, promoting, hiring and training staff, risk management, and budgeting.
- Ensure that volunteer coaches are recruited and well trained.
- Have a clear communication plan for parents and participants for all assigned program areas.
- Ensure the adherence to YMCA of Virginia’s Blue Ridge Association guidelines and standards for Stay and Play and other children’s programming.
- Oversees administration and operations of Stay & Play program serving members 6 weeks to 12 years, to ensure a nurturing, safe, fun, interactive environment for children.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the all Youth/Teen facilities to safety and cleanliness standards.
- Develop and execute meaningful and impactful teen programming in and outside of the YMCA.
- Develop and manage the Youth and Family Department budget ensuring that the department operates in a fiscally sound manner and achieves financial goals.
- Teach/Coach youth and family programs as needed or directed.
- Support branch/department initiatives to membership retention and Annual Giving goals.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with members, staff, and community.
- Interpret, communicate, and promote Y mission, goals, and objectives to employees, volunteer’s leaders, members, and community.
- Partner/collaborate with organizations whose mission is aligned with the Y to meet the needs of community children, youth, and families.
- Develop and enhance off-site Y youth programming to improve access to Y programs and reach underserved populations.
- Other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
- Required skills in all Microsoft Office and Excel applications and other software required and on the job training will be provided as needed.
- Must be able to operate a calculator, computer, fax machine and copier.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible with changes in tasks required.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
The YMCA of Virginia’s Blue Ridge is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you value a culture of excellence, transparency, servant leadership, and accountability, please apply at ymcavbr.org.