Youth & Family Program Coordinator
Somerset Hills YMCA
Teen Program Director
YMCA of Midland Texas
Youth Experience Director
Southeastern Indiana YMCA
The Youth Program Director is responsible for the supervision and direction of youth programming and youth and family events; working as a staff in the school-age childcare program; and conducting personal training sessions in accordance with the mission, vision, and philosophy of the YMCA of Centre County.
Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
· Knowledge, understanding and following PA Department of Human Services (DHS) regulations.
· Supervision of all children which is defined by DHS: To be physically present with a group of children. Critical oversight, in which the staff can see, hear, direct, and access the children.
· Assist in the development and implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum.
· Interact and participate in games, activities, and special programs with children in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
· Assist in daily communication with all parents. Provide positive communication with all children and co-workers.
· Utilize positive discipline methods which include but are not limited to redirection, positive reinforcement, proactive guidance, and if needed, appropriate time out.
· Assist in the completion of all administrative paperwork including but not limited to attendance, meal counts, incident reports, supply and equipment requests, newsletter, and curriculum in a timely manner.
· Develop, manage, and monitor the youth department budget and meet or exceed budget targets.
· With community needs in mind, develop year-round youth sports programs/activities to include 5 to 6 summer youth specialty camps which run 1 week each as well as preschool sports programs to run at various times of the year.
· Oversight of youth and family related events occurring at the Program Center, which may include but is not limited to family nights, parents/kids’ night out, Daddy/Daughter Dance, Healthy Kids Day, and Halloween at the Y.
· Assure information on families, children and employees remain confidential.
· Work with the Wellness Director to assist with personal training sessions as needed.
· Assume equal responsibility for all housekeeping duties.
· Participate in recommended trainings, and complete and upkeep Professional Development Record with the YMCA of the USA to ensure professional growth.
· Report all incidents to the Branch Director.
· Attend and participate in all staff meetings.
· Perform additional duties at the request of the Branch Director.
· Maintain current First Aid, CPR and AED certifications.
· Annual Water and Fire Safety Training
· Child Sexual Abuse Prevention training must be completed within the first 90 days of employment and every 3 years thereafter.
· Mandated Reporter training must be completed within the first 90 days of employment and every 5 years thereafter.
· ACT 139 Training for First Responders – Naloxone Training within the first 90 days of employment and every 2 years thereafter
· Must possess a nationally recognized certification in personal training or obtain one within 6 months of starting.