Springs Family YMCA
Wellness Director - Various Locations
Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA
Association Director of Wellness
YMCA of Metropolitan Washington
The Midland YMCA seeks an experienced and energetic individual to provide strategic direction and leadership to our Health & Wellness Department and ensure high quality wellness programs and member satisfaction.
Candidate must be able to build relationships to create small communities and ensure a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives.
Bachelor's degree is preferred in wellness, recreation or equivalent, and experience in managing facilities, equipment, budget and staff. The candidate should have a thorough knowledge of health fitness programs.
· This position will oversee the day-to-day operations in the Wellness, Group Exercise, Personal Training, and Active Older Adults programs.
· Ensures proper maintenance of fitness equipment.
· Manages, directs and coordinates wellness programs. Ensures high quality programs, establishes new program activities, and ensures program enrollment targets are met.
· Supervision of staff and volunteers. Including recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling & motivating staff.
· Ensure that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures are followed.
· Lead Health & Wellness, special event committee meetings.
· Carries out other tasks as assigned.
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
Collaboration: Builds relationships to create small communities. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology. Experience and proficiency using Excel, Word, and Publisher. Experience with Daxko Operations or similar system preferable.