The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community.
SALARY: $17.34 - $24.00 hourly
The Flushing YMCA is seeking an Administrative Assistant. Under the supervision of the Community School Director, the Administrative Assistant will play a critical role in the successful operation of the program. The Administrative Assistant will carry out daily administrative and operational responsibilities while maintaining excellent communications with the community school’s staff and branch. The individual will ensure an atmosphere of professionalism, friendliness and safety within the facility.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication – written and oral, project management and organizational skills.
- 1-3 years of Administrative experience, working with staff and volunteers.
- Maintaining a high level of excellence in service delivery to our staff, vendors and volunteers.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of participants in the program by providing appropriate supervision at all times.
- Maintain accurate program documentation (attendance, sign in/out forms, behavior reports, incident reports, and accident reports, as appropriate).
- Maintain attendance online systems, AS400, Youthservice.net, EZreports and support Youth and Family data check work.
- Prepare attendance sheets and binders for all community school programs.
- Work cooperatively with professional staff, teachers, and other program and school staff.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Create and maintain a strength-based, youth-focused atmosphere that is consistent and sensitive to the needs of participants with learning, emotional, or behavioral differences.
- Serve as a positive role model for participants.
- Work with DOE school staff to ensure attendance and paperwork is collected (lesson plans, attendance sheets, etc.).
- Other Duties as assigned.