To lend support to the entire Summer Camp staff and structure. To provide leadership and guidance to the counseling staff of the Village. To participate in the general planning and delivery of the summer camp program. To ensure the health and well-being of each camper.
Must be at least 21 years of age and have had two years working in an organized resident camp setting. Must have a sincere desire to work with children. Possess certifications in CPR and First Aid. Lifeguard certification encouraged.
· Work with Assistant Program Director to ensure the scheduling of village activities and assign responsibilities, class instruction, and activities among supervised staff.
· Ensure the adjustment of staff to camp life, and help the personal growth of staff.
· Take a leadership role in the development of the counseling staff, paying special attention to the staff/parentrelationships on opening and closing days.
· Interpret and enforce safety and health regulations.
· Assist with program activities and other activities in the center, working closely with the Summer Camp Director and Assistant Program Director.
· Work with the Food Service Director to plan and prepare meals for the Village.
· Organize and supervise the running of meals in the dining hall.
· Organize, plan, supervise and implement recreational activities, special events and evening programs.
· Assist with check-in and checkout procedures.
· Implement the camper behavior management policy.
· Supervise and assist the Village in all cleaning activities.
· Conduct written evaluations to each cabin counselor at the end of the summer.
· Follow all camp policies, rules and regulations.
· Any other duties as assigned that enhance any and all camp programs and the experiences of all campers and participants at YMCA Storer Camps.
EFFECTS ON END RESULT:
The Village Director is part of a staff team that will work together to provide quality camping programs in an environment that fulfills the YMCA’s mission and Core Values of Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility. In addition, this team will also be accountable for working in a manner that will ensure the financial stability, which allows for future growth and development.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to plan, lead and participate in program activities in a variety of indoor and outdoor settings. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
There has never been a better time to join the YMCA of Greater Toledo! Our employees enjoy a diverse and inclusive environment and the opportunity to do cause-driven work to impact our communities through helping kids succeed in school, helping people improve health and well-being, and bringing people together. If you are interested and have the skills and desire to make a difference, please continue by completing the application. Thank you for your interest in our Y!