To lend support to the entire Summer Camp staff and structure. To participate in the general planning and delivery of the summer camp program. To develop a library of summer camp photographs that reflect the camp activities done in each session.
• Communicate with Village Directors and Assistant Program Directors to create a daily photography schedule.
• Take pictures of camp activities and campers for use on social media, brochures, and website, as directed and requested by supervisor.
• Edit and post pictures to YMCA Storer Camps social media daily.
• All photographs taken are the property of YMCA Storer Camps and shall be stored on the YMCA Storer Camps server.
• Schedule a time to take a photo of every cabin and every village each session.
• Ensure the appropriate amount of photographs are being taken and complied by camp photographers.
• Organize, participate in, supervise and implement recreational activities, special events and evening programs.
• Provide support and be a role model to all campers and staff.
• Interpret and enforce safety and health regulations.
• Follow all camp policies, rules and regulations.
• Assist with cabin coverage responsibilities, as needed.
• Participate in evening programs and activities.
• Any other duties assigned that enhance any/all camp programs and the experiences of all campers and participants at YMCA Storer Camps.
EFFECTS ON END RESULT:
The Photographer/Social Media Specialist is part of a staff team that will work together to provide quality camping programs in an environment that fulfills the YMCA’s mission and Core Values of Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility. In addition, this team will also be accountable for working in a manner that will ensure the financial stability, which allows for future growth and development.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to plan, lead and participate in program activities in a variety of indoor and outdoor settings. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
There has never been a better time to join the YMCA of Greater Toledo! Our employees enjoy a diverse and inclusive environment and the opportunity to do cause-driven work to impact our communities through: helping kids succeed in school, helping people improve health and well-being, and bringing people together. If you are interested and have the skills and desire to make a difference, please continue by completing the application. Thank you for your interest in our Y!