YMCA of Northern Colorado
Sheboygan County YMCA
Generous benefit package, including a 12% retirement contribution once vested.
Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Director, the Maintenance Professional shall assist in the day-to-day maintenance and housekeeping of the West Suburban YMCA and its facilities. The Maintenance Professional will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing assigned areas, including such duties as mopping, dusting, and trash removal. May complete duties related to window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, snow removal, grounds keeping, times of emergencies and other related responsibilities.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
MEMBER SERVICE STATEMENT:
Members are the heart of this organization. They are the reason we exist. Members are the most important visitors we have, whether they visit by mail, phone or in person. They are not statistics and always deserve our respect. No matter what we are hired to do, satisfying members’ needs and wants are everyone’s first and most important responsibility.
1. Six months or more of related experience preferred.
2. Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
3. Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
4. Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
5. Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
6. Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
7. Valid driver license.
8. Must be able to work varied hours (to include days, evenings, weekends and possibly holidays)
depending on operational needs.
9.Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid.
10.Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
11.Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
segments of the community.
1. Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
2. Ability to erect and stand on ladders and platforms at heights up to 30 feet.
3. Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
4. Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
5. Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
6. Ability to perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi–reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; carrying, working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
1. Ensures Y is attractive and clean by completing all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment. May perform wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, seasonal activities dealing with lawn care and snow removal, and general cleaning.
2. Must be able to work varied hours (to include days, evenings, weekends and possibly holidays) depending on operational needs (particularly with severe weather).
3. Valid Driver’s License.
4. Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
5. Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
6. Ensures YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
7. Replaces soap, paper towels, and other supplies.
8. May set up furniture for events.
9. Maintenance on both Camp properties- Camp Chickami and CFAD.
10. Maintenance on pools.
11. Other duties as required.
Valid Driver's License
CPR and First Aid Certified
Required online training prior to starting.