So the undoing [ of racism ] is a matter of undoing our thinking, undoing what we have grown to accept as just normal, natural, and what we have grown to tolerate.
Questions for Reflection
- To unlearn systemic racism, we must look at our own history and how we have contributed to those systems. What new lessons have you learned by reexamining history with an anti-racist lens?
- Richards provides a variety of books to read; which book are you interested in reading and why? See “Additional Resources” below for suggestions.
- Explore The People’s Institute for Survival and Beyond.
- Listen for free to Stamped From the Beginning by Ibram X. Kendi.
- Order A People’s History of the United States by Howard Zinn from a Black-owned bookstore.