YMCA of Mankato
Tandy Family YMCA
Develops, organizes and implements high-quality YMCA aquatic programs.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent.
2. One to two years related experience required.
3. Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: CPR-Pro, First Aid, O2, AED, Hazard
Communication, Respirator Training.
4. Completion of YMCA program-specific and trainer certifications, including Lifeguard
Instructor, Swim Lesson Trainer, Swim Lesson Instructor, Y P.O.O.L. or CPO.
1. Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Establishes new program
activities and expands programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating
plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as
needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve
goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
3. Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety
4. Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool
facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
5. Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid, O2 and CPR trainings.
6. Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, and swim team practices and meets.
7. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
8. Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
9. Assists in YMCA fundraising activities and special events.
10. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
11. Assists with Program Committee meetings.
12. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in
NOTE: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not
prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Community: Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives.
Developing Others: Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support. Decision-Making: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions.
Finance: Effectively creates and manages budgets.
Self-Development: Share new insights.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well: uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.