full-time staff in 10,000 communities across the country
In 1994, the Y defined "character" as the demonstration of four core values: caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. Today, these values continue to guide everything we do.
Over 230,000 people of all backgrounds and skills volunteer their time and talent for Y's across the country.
Show a sincere concern for others
Be truthful in what you say and do
Treat each other as we’d all like to be treated
Be accountable for your promises and action
- When we focus our attention on the Y’s mission, work in partnership with others, and build on our history of innovation, we can address the most pressing issues of our time like no other organization.
- All people have potential.
- Active and connected families make active and connected communities.
- We take a holistic approach to fostering development, promoting healthy spirit, mind, and body.
- In a diverse world, we are stronger when we are inclusive and our doors are open to all.
- We seek to honor our mission, act in accordance with our values and place the greater good above all.
Watch more Y stories
The Y is here to transform lives. Every day, we strive to do our best and be our best. We invite you to join us.
Ready to learn more? Search below for Ys with openings near you.
The Y thrives because of the diverse, welcoming and supportive people who work to advance our mission, every day.
At the Y, we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. Our diversity is our strength, and we're committed to welcoming and including everyone, ensuring they can access the opportunities they need to reach their full potential.
Volunteers are the backbone of our organization. They embody a spirit of service, support and selflessness. If this resonates with you and you are passionate about giving back to your community, please join us.
We have a range of roles looking to be filled by people who are as passionate about serving our communities as we are. Search our open positions to find a role that fits your skills and interest.