Swim Team Blue
Aquatics Swim Team
The YMCA welcomes dedicated swimmers who want to compete with a teammates in an encouraging and supportive environment. Emphasis is placed on developing the four competitive strokes, techniques, racing skills, and endurance, while focusing on teamwork, sportsmanship, healthy competition, fitness, and fun. Our coaches encourage swimmers every step of the way to improve and do their personal best. Being on the swim team is a great way to meet new friends, work out, and have fun - all at the same time!
On or before 04/28/2017
Focus is on all aspects of competitive swimming including technique, endurance, speed, conditioning as well as commitment, dedication, discipline, camaraderie and competition.
- Besides the requirements of Age Group White, swimmers should be at least 8 years of age.
- Competition in meets is required at the Blue level.
- Blue level swimmers are required to compete in a minimum of 3 meets a season.
- Swimmers at this level should be committing to 3-5 practice days a week.
- Swimmers in Age Group Blue should understand interval sets and how to read the pace clock.