Stage 1/2 Combo
School Age Swim Lessons
Stage 1 swim lessons for school age children at the YMCA focus on water acclimation, increasing student's comfort with underwater exploration and introducing basic self-rescue skills. Instructors focus on helping students explore getting comfortable with movement in the water, developing basic skills to propel and glide, and teaching basic aquatic safety. See Swim Lessons for an overview of our Stages progression.
On or before 05/25/2019
The CPR/AED Course teaches the basic techniques of adult, child and infant CPR and use of an automatic external defibrillator. You will also learn first aid for choking.
- Four-hour class
- Two-year certification
- Emergency Medical Services approved
- Ask instructor for EMSA sticker ($3 additional fee)
- Meets day care licensing requirements
- Meets California Teaching Credential requirements
- Not for medical professionals
For more information, contact Barb Madsen, (619) 298-3576