Volleyball - Coed
Bump, spike and volley at the YMCA! We offer recreational volleyball leagues for ages 7 to 17. With a focus on safety, sportsmanship and teamwork, we provide an environment in which children can learn skills, have fun and be active. Our leagues provide an opportunity for all age groups to learn the game and improve their skills!
At the Y, winning isn’t all about athleticism and scoring the most points. We encourage healthy competition and improving skills. Every child on the team has the opportunity to play, and we encourage them to set individual goals and cooperate with others.
On or before 12/08/2019
Eastlake YMCA recreational sports leagues emphasize character development and family involvement. Our staff and coaches give each child the tools to succeed in both athletics and personal growth.
Games are Friday evenings at the Sports Complex, 2390 Boswell Road #300, Chula Vista, CA 91914. Teams may travel to other YMCAs to play games.
Fall 2019 Season Important Dates:
Assessment Dates (must attend one)
- Friday September 20 | 7pm - 8pm
- Friday September 27 | 7pm - 8pm
- Practices: Team practices are Monday nights for 1 hour.
- Attire: Athletic attire (closed-toe shoes, shorts, T-shirt and knee pads)
- Please bring a water bottle
- Coach Requests: Our goal is to ensure balanced sports teams where all players have the ability to reach their fullest potential. In order to accomplish this goal, we will accept requests until September 21. Requests are not guaranteed, however, players who make a request and attend assessments will have priority. We will make every attempt to guarantee sibling requests. All other requests will be granted based on the needs of the program.
- Your team will communicate through PLAYERSPACE, a web-based platform that provides convenient access to schedules, practice times and team information and notifications concerning schedule changes. Please ensure we have your email address on file. Players will receive information about their team, practice time and coach via email by October 5.
- Jersey size: Player jerseys will arrive by the first game (if registered by September 21). Specific size may not be guaranteed for registrations after September 22. Be sure to provide jersey size upon registration.
- Coaches: Coaches are approved volunteers or staff members. We will provide them with the player's name, parent’s name, email and phone number.
- Eight-week season fee includes a reversible game jersey and a medal.
- Our sports programs are all about fun and building positive relationships. We encourage parents to support players on the sidelines and as volunteer coaches, team parents or scorekeepers. Contact Ray Wu at [email protected] for info on volunteering.
Scholarships: Thanks to the support of our generous donors and partners, financial assistance is available for sports programs. Learn more.