Soccer - Coed League
Youth Recreational League
Learn to love soccer at the Y! We offer recreational soccer leagues year-round for players up to age 17. With a focus on safety, sportsmanship and teamwork, we provide an environment in which children can learn skills, have fun and be active. Most leagues run eight weeks, with games on Saturday and weekly practices.
At the Y, winning isn’t all about athleticism and scoring the most points. We encourage healthy competition and improving skills. Every child on the team has the opportunity to play, and we encourage them to set individual goals and cooperate with others.
Prior to forming teams, we conduct skills assessments that include fun drills and scrimmages. Our goal is to create teams that reflect a balance of age, height, skill level and gender, based on the staff’s assessment of each player. Parents may request specific practice days and times, coaches or teams. We will consider, but cannot guarantee, requests.
On or before 12/07/2019
Fall 2019 Season Important Dates:
Leagues run nine weeks, with games on Saturday and practices scheduled 45 minutes prior to game.
Saturday, September 28: Clinic/Mandatory Skills Assessments
- Ages 4-7 from 9:00 to 10:10am
- Ages 8-11 from 10:15 to 11:15am
Saturday, October 5: First Practices
- Ages 4-7 from 9:00 to 11:00am
- Ages 8-11 from 10:10 to 11:15am
Saturday, October 12: First games
Saturday, November 30: No leagues (Thanksgiving)
Saturday, December 7: Final games
- Our sports programs are all about fun and building positive relationships. We encourage parents to support players on the sidelines and as volunteer coaches, team parents or scorekeepers. Contact Andy Marrufo, [email protected] to learn more about becoming a volunteer.
- Uniform/equipment: Wear plastic soccer cleats, athletic apparel, and shin guards. No jewelry or watches allowed; and no metal spike and stud cleats. The Y will provide game jerseys. You may bring a ball marked with your child’s name, but it is not required.
- Your team will communicate through PLAYERSPACE, a web-based platform that provides convenient access to schedules, practice times and team information and notifications concerning schedule changes. Please ensure we have your email address on file.
- Please bring a water bottle and wear sunscreen.
Questions: Contact Andy Marrufo, [email protected] or (858) 484-8788.
Scholarships: Thanks to the support of our generous donors and partners, financial assistance is available for sports programs. Learn more.
Rancho Family YMCA's Scripps Poway Parkway Facility
10481 Scripps Poway Parkway
San Diego, CA 92131 — map