Soccer - Coed Class
Preschool Sports Class
Learn to love soccer at the Y! These introductory classes introduce the basic skills of the game in a positive, fun environment. Our youngest sports enjoy being active with other children and tend to make friends, develop sportsmanship and build self-esteem. We offer sessions year-round, and classes typically meet once weekly for four to eight weeks. Parent participation may be required.
On or before 10/30/2019
- Soccer Academy preschool sports classes are 45 minutes, focusing on drills and the fundamentals of soccer with games and a fun environment. Coaches will distribute a schedule on the first day of class.
- Meet on the lower field at Mission Valley YMCA. You may park in the west lot near the field.
- Please wear closed-toe shoes. The Y will provide soccer ball and other equipment.
- You may bring a soccer ball (size 3), but it is not required. Please mark the ball with your child’s name.
- Please bring a water bottle and wear sunscreen.
- Parent participation is required for 3-year-olds in the class.
- Parents are welcome to help out in class; just let the coach know in advance.
- Schedule changes: Please make sure we have your email address on file. Our Welcome Center staff will send an email notification if class is cancelled due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Contact Bridget Bayer at [email protected] or (619) 280-9622 with questions.
Scholarships: Thanks to the support of our generous donors and partners, financial assistance is available for sports programs. Learn more.