Soccer - Coed League
Youth Recreational League
Learn to love soccer at the Y! We offer recreational soccer leagues year-round for players up to age 17. With a focus on safety, sportsmanship and teamwork, we provide an environment in which children can learn skills, have fun and be active. Most leagues run eight weeks, with games on Saturday and weekly practices.
At the Y, winning isn’t all about athleticism and scoring the most points. We encourage healthy competition and improving skills. Every child on the team has the opportunity to play, and we encourage them to set individual goals and cooperate with others.
Prior to forming teams, we conduct skills assessments that include fun drills and scrimmages. Our goal is to create teams that reflect a balance of age, height, skill level and gender, based on the staff’s assessment of each player. Parents may request specific practice days and times, coaches or teams. We will consider, but cannot guarantee, requests.
On or before 09/22/2019
Winter 2019/2020 Season Important Dates:
TBD: Mandatory Skills Assessments
- Ages 5-6 | 9:00am
- Ages 7-8 | 10:00am
- Ages 9-10 | 11:00am
- Ages 11-17 | 12:00pm
Monday, September 30: First week of practice
- Ages 5-6 | Mon/Wed | 5:30-6:30 pm
- Ages 7-8 | Mon/Weds | 6:30-7:30 pm
- Ages 9-10 | Tues/Thus | 5:30-6:30 pm
- Ages 11-12 | Tues/Thurs | 6:30-7:30 pm
- Ages 13-17 | Tues/Thurs | 7:30-8:30 pm
Saturday, January 25: First games
Saturday, March 14: Last games
- Our sports programs are all about fun and building positive relationships. We encourage parents to support players on the sidelines and as volunteer coaches, team parents or scorekeepers. Contact Ferrari Funches, [email protected], to learn more about becoming a volunteer.
- Uniform/equipment: Wear closed-toe shoes, comfortable clothing, shin guards. No jewelry or watches allowed; and no metal spike and stud cleats. The Y will provide game jerseys. You may bring a ball marked with your child’s name, but it is not required.
- Jersey sizes: All participants' jerseys will arrive by their first game if registered by September 21. Specific sizes and/or style may not be guaranteed for registrations after September 21
- Practices are usually scheduled twice weekly for an hour.
- Your team will communicate through PLAYERSPACE, a web-based platform that provides convenient access to schedules, practice times and team information and notifications concerning schedule changes. Please ensure we have your email address on file.
- Please bring a water bottle and wear sunscreen.
- Food, drink (other than water) and chewing gum are not allowed inside the soccer arena.
Contact Ferrari Funches, [email protected] or (619) 264-0144 with specific questions.
Scholarships: Thanks to the support of our generous donors and partners, financial assistance is available for sports programs. Learn more.