Track - Coed Class
Peewee Sports Class
Learn to love track at the Y! Our league for children ages 3 to 5 introduces the basic skills of the game in a positive, fun environment. Our youngest sports enjoy being active with other children and tend to make friends, develop sportsmanship and build self-esteem. We offer sessions year-round, and participants typically meet once weekly for eight weeks. Parent participation may be required.
On or before 10/12/2019
The peewee track program introduces children to the sport of track and instilling the importance of staying active and healthy at a young age. Participants will begin the session with stretches and a warm-up, followed by a variation of drills, relays and fun games!
- Coaches are usually volunteer parents or family members of the participant. If you would like to be a volunteer coach, please contact Caylin Mason, [email protected] — no prior coaching experience needed!
- Meet at baseball Field No. 3 in the grass area.
- Please wear closed-toe shoes and comfortable athletic clothing. Participants will receive a track jersey on the first day of the program.
- Please bring a water bottle and wear sunscreen.
- Parent participation may be required for 3-year-olds in the class.
- All parents are welcome to help out with practice. Just let the coach know in advance.
- Schedule changes: Please make sure we have your email address on file. We will send out any schedule changes. You can also call the weather hotline for any game cancellations (760) 635-3030.
- October 26: First meet - jerseys passed out by coach
- December 21: Last meet - medals passed out
- Questions: Contact Caylin Mason, [email protected] (760) 942-9622 ext.12572.
Scholarships: Thanks to the support of our generous donors and partners, financial assistance is available for sports programs. Learn more.