Junior RBI - Minors
Non Competitive Sports
At the YMCA, our baseball programs are designed to develop fundamental baseball skills while learning teamwork, strategy, and sportsmanship. Skills taught include catching, throwing, fielding, hitting, and the rules of the game. The focus of the league is to have fun, meet new friends and play baseball in a non-competitive environment.
On or before 06/25/2018
06/25/2018 - 08/24/2019
FREE Summer Youth Baseball presented by the South Bay Family YMCA and San Diego Padres
The Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities (RBI) Program, sponsored by Major League Baseball and the San Diego Padres, aims to create opportunities for children ages 4 through 13. The program is designed to increase participation and interest in baseball, encourage academic achievement,
and teach the value of teamwork.
Who is able to participate in this free program?
- All Boys and Girls ages 4 through 13 are eligible
- No baseball experience is necessary
- Space is limited
- Mandatory Evaluation Clinic: 6/24/19 - 6/26/19. (Mon - Wed)
- Divisions: T-Ball (ages 4-5) | Minors Coach Pitch (ages 6-7) | Minors Machine Ptich (ages 8-9) | Majors (ages 10-13)
- Season runs June 29th - August 17th (6 games total)
- Teams are guaranteed a minimum of one practice and one game per week
- Teams will travel for a minimum of 2 Saturday games
- Players and parents MUST commit to all practices and games. Any child that is absent from two practices or games will forfeit their spot and removed from the program.
- Bolunteer coaches are needed! Please contact our sports department if you are interested in volunteering.