Competitive Basketball Tryout
On or before 08/27/2019
Dan McKinney YMCA leads the way in youth basketball. Our competitive basketball league is designed for young athletes looking for a place to take their basketball skills to the next level. Players are coached and supported by experienced YMCA staff and volunteers who will work to improve players' skill level and endurance while placing an emphasis on teamwork, sportsmanship and safe play.
- Your child will be trying out for our September 2019-June 2020 team
- This team will compete in three seasons (Fall/Winter/Spring) in the San Diego Sol League
- Each season will have eight regular season games with possible playoffs
- Players will get a full uniform package (Jersey/Shorts/Socks/Practice Jersey/Shooter Tee)
- Teams will have three hours of practice per week. Practices will be held on either Tuesday or Wednesday evening and also Sunday afternoon.
- Games can be played on either Saturday and/or Sunday and you will be required to travel to game locations in San Diego County.
- All players who are interested in being part of the team are required to tryout — not all who try out will make the team
- Players will be selected by the coaches of the competitive team
*Please note that this team will remain together for 3 seasons from September 2019 through the end of June 2020.
- 11U (11 and under) – Players can be no older than 11 on August 31, 2020
- 12U (12 and under) – Players can be no older than 12 on August 31, 2020
- 13U (13 and under) – Players can be no older than 13 on August 31, 2020
*Please note that this team will remain together for 3 seasons from September 2019 through the end of June 2020. There will be a $150 initial fee needed to be paid and then players will be placed on a monthly draft.
Member: $950 | Participant: $1100
TRYOUT DATE & TIMES
Not all players who tryout will be selected for the team. All players interested in trying out need to register and pay a $5 fee to tryout.
- 11U/5th Grade Team - Tuesday, August 27 at 5:00 pm
- 12U/6th Grade Team - Tuesday, August 27 at 6:30 pm
- 13U/7th Grade Team - Wednesday, August 28 at 6:00 pm