Basketball - Coed League
Youth Recreational League
Learn to love basketball at the Y! We offer recreational basketball leagues year-round for ages 4 to 17. With a focus on safety, sportsmanship and teamwork, we provide an environment in which children can learn skills, have fun and be active. Most leagues run eight weeks, with games on Saturday and weekly practices.
At the Y, winning isn’t all about athleticism and scoring the most points. We encourage healthy competition and improving skills. Every child on the team has the opportunity to play, and we encourage them to set individual goals and cooperate with others.
Prior to forming teams, we conduct skills assessments that include fun drills and scrimmages. Our goal is to create teams that reflect a balance of age, height, skill level and gender, based on the staff’s assessment of each player. Parents may request specific practice days and times, coaches or teams. We will consider, but cannot guarantee, requests.
On or before 09/22/2019
- Classes will focus on drills with some games in a fun environment.
- Meet at the fields just below the Peninsula Family YMCA.
- Please wear closed-toe shoes and bring a glove. The Y will provide baseballs, bats and other equipment.
- Please bring a water bottle and wear sunscreen.
- Parent participation is recommended.
- Inclement weather/schedule changes: Please make sure we have your email address on file. Our sports department will send an email notification if class is cancelled due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Scholarships: Thanks to the support of our generous donors and partners, financial assistance is available for sports programs. Learn more.