Gymnastics - Parent Child
Parent/Child Gymnastics Class
Our preschool gymnastics program provides a structured, movement-based class that help children learn the basics of gymnastics and foster social development through cooperative play. Using obstacle courses, equipment stations and positive encouragement, your child will work on building their strength, coordination, and self-esteem!
On or before 09/30/2019
For ages 18mo. - 3 years old. This is a parent and child participation class. Parents join the fun and assist your child in challenging activities that include parachute play, obstacle courses, and group play. This class promotes motor development and coordination. Advancement to next class upon instructor recommendation.
- My child is new to gymnastics, which class should I register for?
- 18 months - 2yrs: Parent Child Gymnastics
- 3 years: GymVentures 3
- 4 years: GymVentures 4
- 5 years: GymVentures 5
- 6 years and older boys: Boys Gymnastics
- 6 years and older girls: Level 1
- My child has done gymnastics before, but I'm not sure which class he or she should be in today
- You may come in on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 5 - 5:30pm and one of our coaches will gladly do an assessment to make sure your child is placed in the correct class.
- What should my child wear to class?
- All children should wear clothing without zippers, large buttons or anything else that could get in their way. Leotards are preferred! Athletic shorts and t-shirts are also allowed. No shoes or socks/stockings with feet are allowed, as well as any jewelry except for earring studs. Also, all long hair should be pulled back as to not get in your child's face during class!
- Do I need to stay for my child's class?
- If your child is in any of our pre-school classes, then we do ask that parents stay in the facility for the duration of the class.
- Can I watch my child's class?
- We have a viewing area with a window into the gym where parents are able to watch classes. There is no viewing area inside of the gym area.
- How many students are in a class?
- Our classes have an average of 6 - 8 children.
- What do I do on the first day?
- As long as you are registered, all you have to do on the first day is show up and wait in the lobby for your child's coach to call out the class!
- What do I do if my child missed a class? Can my child make up a class in a lower level?
- We do offer makeups when available. However, children may only make up a missed class in the same session which they missed, and in a class which is not already filled to capacity. Please email [email protected] to check for availability.
- Can I start classes at any time? Is there a discount if I start a class half way through the session?
- New participants to our program are able to sign up for classes at any time, and will only be charged for the remaining classes in that session. However, ongoing participants must sign up during the registration weeks that occur at the end of the previous session.
- How do I know when my child is ready to move up to the next level?
- Once your child is ready to move up to the next level, your coach will give him/her a move up form, which you will need to bring to register for the next session! If you have any questions about your child's status in moving up, please feel free to ask their coach.
- If I miss a class and can't make it up, do I receive a partial refund? What is your refund policy?
- If your child was sick and you have a doctor's note, we will issue a credit for the class your child missed.
- Do you offer trial classes?
- We do not currently offer trial classes.
- What is the general routine for my child's class?
- The first part of the class is dedicated to stretching. Afterwards, each class goes to two different events where they practice their skills. At the end of each class, we do strength and flexibility training.
- How do I schedule a private lesson for Gymnastics?
- Private lessons are available for any child ages five and older. You can purchase private lesson "cards" at our registration desk. You will then submit your availability to our Gymnastics Coordinator, and be paired with a coach.
- How do I book a gymnastics birthday party?
- Birthday party reservations must be made in person at the Eastlake YMCA, during normal registration hours. Reservations must be made at least 3 weeks in advance with our Gymnastics Coordinator. Parties are offered Saturdays and Sundays. Our current party rates are: $00 per party for 10 children. A fee of $12 is charged for each additional child. There is a $50 cancellation fee.
- Can I switch classes after a session begins? Is there a cost?
- You may switch classes after a session begins, if the class you wish to transfer to is not full. No fee is charged for this change unless a price difference exists between the two classes.
- When are leotards sold?
- We almost always have leotards available for purchase! Please ask at the front desk to see our latest supply.
- Is there a discount for multiple children in the program?
- No, we do not offer discounts for multiple children in the program.
- May I sign up for other activities at the Eastlake YMCA?
- Of course! You may register for any of our YMCA programs offered at any of our San Diego County YMCA locations.