On or before 03/17/2018
Enjoy the Great Outdoors with your Y Friends
Join the Trail Walkers group led by Karen Barry, who has been hiking all over San Diego since 2008. She will lead you on a fun walk through different trails each month.
Meet at the trailhead at 7:45am. Transportation is not provided. The hike will start promptly at 8am. Activity levels vary, depending on trail and terrain. Be sure to wear sunscreen, a hat, comfortable hiking shoes and dress in layers, according to weather.
Directions to trails for Fall 2017 walks:
Torrey Pines Extension (Margaret Fleming Trail): 4 miles
- 5 North
- Exit Carmel Valley Road; head west on Carmel Valley Road
- Turn right on Del Mar Scenic Parkway
- Go to end of street and park.
- Trailhead is at tip of cul-de-sac
Tecolote Canyon: 4 miles
(5180 Tecolote Canyon Natural Park, San Diego, 92110)
- Interstate 5
- Exit at Seaworld/Telcolote Road and head east
- At Morena, stay straight on Tecolote Road
- At the end of the road it will turn into the Nature Center parking lot
- Meet by Nature Center
Rice Canyon: 4 miles
- 805 South
- Exit H St. in Chula Vista
- Drive 2.8 miles east to Paseo Ranchero and turn left
- Go 0.2 mile north to Rancho del Rey Pkwy and turn right
- In .3 mile turn left at stop sign and then a quick left into parking lot