LEGENDS at Escondido Union School District
The goal of LEGENDS is to create an academic enrichment program whose primary focus is to assist students with higher achievement in the school day and create a dynamic after-school environment that gives children the boost they need to succeed academically and socially.
This free program provides structured academic, physical and social activities for Kindergarten to Grade 5 students from one of the following “Title 1” elementary school sites in Escondido:
This program generally operates immediately after school until 6:00 pm daily. However, this program does not operate when schools are closed, including intercessions, vacations and holidays.
How to Apply to the LEGENDS After School Program
Initial Application Process
Applications must be turned in at the LEGENDS school site, specifically to the LEGENDS supervisor or at our Community Support Services Building at 1040 N Broadway Escondido, CA 92025.
Important Documents and PDF Forms
- LEGENDS Enrollment Information – English | Spanish (Coming soon!)
- LEGENDS Application Form (Coming soon!)
- LEGENDS Parent Handbook (Coming soon!)
How Are Students Selected?
- First come first serve basis
- Recommendation from school officials. 25% Reserved for school administration selection.
- Academic achievement level in school.
- Social achievement level in school.
- Total number of students admitted from each grade level.
- Student’s ability to be successful in the program.
Questions? Contact Us for More Information
If you would like to learn more about the LEGENDS program provided by the YMCA of San Diego County, please contact:
Navin Alavez, Program Director | (760) 294-5050 ext.1812 | [email protected]