ASES at Monarch School A Safe Place for After School Child Care
Monarch has served San Diego for nearly three decades, beginning as a one-room education center and expanding into a K-12 comprehensive school designed to educate homeless youth. In partnership with the YMCA of San Diego County, the Monarch ASES Program’s goal is to create a dynamic after-school environment that gives children the boost they need to succeed academically and socially.
This free program provides structured academic, physical and social activities for Kindergarten to Grade 8 students who attend the Monarch School.
This program operates immediately after school until 6:00 pm daily. However, this program does not operate when schools are closed, including intercessions, vacations and holidays.
How to Apply to the ASES After School Program
Initial Application Process
- Applications must be turned in at the Monarch school site, specifically to the Monarch ASES supervisor.
Enrollment & Participation Process
- All enrolled families must attend a mandatory parent meeting, as scheduled by the school.
- Applications received after July 31st will be added to the waiting list and enrolled according to a needs assessment, not in the order received, as space becomes available.
Important Documents and PDF Forms
- Monarch ASES Enrollment Information – English | Spanish (Coming soon!)
- Monarch ASES Application Form (Coming soon!)
- Monarch ASES Parent Handbook (Coming soon!)
How Are Students Selected?
All students from Kindergarten to Grade 8 who attend The Monarch School can apply.
However, priority is given to students who:
- Are in Grades 1 through 8
- Are referred by school personnel
- Can attend for 5 days a week
- Can attend for the duration of the program
Enrollment is also determined by:
- Total space available in the program at each school
Questions? Contact Us for More Information
If you would like to learn more about the Monarch ASES program provided by the YMCA of San Diego County, please contact one of our staff below:
To contact the Program Director:
- Alejandro D. Estrada, Program Director | (619) 521-3055 ext. 6970 | [email protected]