LIT Training Course
LIT Day Camp
The YMCA's Leader in Training (LIT) and Counselor in Training (CIT) programs are an excellent opportunity for teens to learn hands-on job experience and responsibilities, while still under the supervision of our camp staff team.
Additionally, all hours completed within LIT Placement can be recorded as community service hours!
On or before 07/01/2019
All LIT campers will spend the week learning what it takes to be a summer camp leader. This program includes classroom instruction, CPR/FA training, and hands on time with younger campers ages 5-12. At the end of this week, your LIT camper will be ready to join in as a leader of arts and crafts, science experiments, camp games and helping out on field trips.
Don't Forget to Bring These Items Every Day
- Non-perishable lunch and snacks for morning and afternoon
- All items must be nut free including: peanuts, walnuts, cashews, Nutella, etc.
- Large refillable water bottle
- Swimsuit, towel, and bag for wet swimsuit
- Backpack to easily carry all items without assistance
Please note: Make sure to label all packed items — unclaimed lost and found items are donated every 2 weeks.
Extended care is available for day camps at McGrath Family YMCA. See extended care options and fees.