CHICAGO, (March 3, 2020)—YMCA of the USA (Y-USA) is pleased to announce the election of Pamela Davies, Ph.D. to a two-year term as Chair of the nonprofit’s national board of directors. Dr. Davies, President Emerita and Professor of Strategy at Queens University of Charlotte, is a long-serving member of the Y’s national board, has been chair of several committees and held several offices. She has also served on the board of the World Alliance of YMCAs—the governance structure for the global Y network—and is a Life Trustee of the YMCA of Greater Charlotte, where she was the board chair. Dr. Davies will provide leadership to the 27-member board, which sets strategic direction and policy to guide the Y’s work to strengthen the community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose and each other.
In addition, the Y-USA board elects:
- Board Chair-Elect: CiCi Rojas, Partner and President, TICO Productions LLC – TICO Sports
- Treasurer: John G. Conley, Partner and Co-Founder, Gilliam Capital
- Secretary: Carla Moradi, Former Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, HUB International
- Board Members: Sarah Brayton, Manager, Monitor Institute by Deloitte; Honorable J. Michelle Childs, U.S. District Court Judge, South Carolina; Patricia Pacheco de Baez, Director, Multinational Corporate Banker, Bank of America Merrill Lynch; Saskia Steinacker, Global Head of Digital Transformation, Bayer USA; Ruben Dario Taborda, Senior Director, Hospital and Distributor Supply Chain Solutions, Johnson & Johnson; Chris Tointon, President and CEO, YMCA of Greater Omaha; George Wilson II, Head of Business Operations NBA G League, National Basketball Association
- Kellogg Board Fellow: Jennifer Cardinale, student, Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management
- Current Board Members to Term Extensions (2020-2022): Glen Gunderson, President and CEO, YMCA of the Cities; Julie Watkins, President and CEO, YMCA of the Rockies
“The Y is a volunteer-founded and volunteer-led organization, and strong board leadership makes possible so much of what 2,700 YMCAs nationwide are able to achieve in their communities every day,” said Kevin Washington, president and CEO, Y-USA. “We are fortunate at Y-USA to have a board of directors whose diverse experience, proven leadership skills and passion for strengthening community are so powerfully aligned with the Y’s mission and cause. I am excited to work with these new board officers and members, all of whom bring unique perspectives to the work of the Y.”
Full bios and photos of Y-USA’s newest board members are available upon request.
About the Y
Driven by its founding mission, the Y has served as a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community for more than 175 years. The Y empowers everyone, no matter who they are or where they’re from, by ensuring access to resources, relationships and opportunities for all to learn, grow and thrive. By bringing together people from different backgrounds, perspectives and generations, the Y’s goal is to improve overall health and well-being, ignite youth empowerment and demonstrate the importance of connections in and across 10,000 communities nationwide.