The YMCA of San Diego County is hiring! Are you a positive, creative and flexible worker who is passionate about working with children? Come to our Child and Youth Development Job Fair on July 7, starting at 10:00 am!
We will be conducting on-the-spot interviews for multiple positions that vary in responsibility (and qualifications) for before-and-after-school programs located throughout central San Diego during the 2018-2019 school year, starting this fall.
Staff in these positions work directly with children on a variety of subjects and activities, including art, science, music, homework support, academic enrichment, group games, team building and more! This provides an excellent opportunity for staff to further develop critical skills and gather experience that can be very valuable within the child and youth development industry or other fields.
Who Should Apply
These roles are great for Child Development, Early Child Development, Education or Recreation majors, though all are welcome.
If hired, a typical Monday through Friday afternoon schedule would start around 12:00-1:00 pm and continue until 5:00-6:00 pm, according to the school district calendar. Availability throughout those five days (M-F) is ideal - however, we will consider candidates who are only able to work two or more days per week.
Typical morning hours (M-F) start around 6:00 am and continue until around 8:00 am - availability to work these hours are appreciated but are not required.
When and Where
Date: Saturday, July 7, 2018
Time: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Last interviews will be conducted around 1:30 pm, so please plan your time accordingly.
Where: YMCA Team Headquarters at 3708 Ruffin Road, San Diego, CA 92123
Directions via Google Maps
What to Bring
- College transcripts (if applicable)
- Current First Aid/CPR certifications (if available - must be provided within 30 days of hire)
- Negative results from a tuberculosis (TB) test from within the past year (if available - results must be provided within 7 days of hire)
- Proof of measles (MMR), pertussis (TDap - within 10 years), and influenza immunizations (if available - results must be provided within 7 days of hire)
Qualifications for all roles:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a high school graduate
- Experience working/volunteering with youth is preferred
Further qualifications for contract roles:
- At least 48 units of college credit and/or have passed the district Instructional Aide exam.
(If you have not taken the Instructional Aide exam, you can complete with certification with the branch.)
Further qualifications for licensed roles:
- Completion, with passing grades, of 12 units in Child Development (CD) or related field. (Related fields can include: Arts, Early Childhood Education, Education, Humanities, Physical Education, Psychology, Recreation, Sociology, and Theater)
- Applicants who have already completed 6 units in Child Development (or a related field) and are currently enrolled in 6 more units in Child Development (or a related field) will be considered as well.
- Criminal record clearance in accordance with YMCA and Community Care Licensing guidelines.
- Succesfully pass a physical exam and provide negative TB test results within seven days of hire. (TB test results need to be current within 1 year.)
- Must provide proof of measles (MMR), pertussis (TDap), and influenza immunizations within seven days of hire. (TDap needs to be current within 10 years, MMR does not need to be renewed.)
- Current CPR and First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire from one of the following certifying organizations: American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
Can't Make This Date?
No worries! We will still be conducting interviews for open positions after this date.
Just apply for the specific position of interest on our job board and you'll be contacted by a recruitment team member for an interview if you qualify.